News and Events
Healthy Husky - 8-week weight loss program for your busy lifestyle! Mar 9 - Apr 27
- This new program features personalized e-coaching & weekly nutrition podcasts
- Recieve your own meal plan & a pedomter
- Attend weekly meetings - or - participate on-line only (Husky CT site)
- Podcast topics include: serving sizes & macronutrients, diciphering that food label & label claims, mindful snacking, cues to eat & stimulus control...and much more!
- Program offered with AHS Dietetics Program
Kick-off meeting: Mon, Mar 9, Hawley Classroom, Room 102, 12:15 - 1:00 PM
Informal group meetings and weigh-in's on Mon's, 12:15 - 1:00 in Hawley 102. Only $20 for the whole program! Complete Healthy Husky and be eligible to end-of-program prize drawing.
- Register by emailing Janet Rochester, or complete and send form to Janet Rochester, Dept of AHS, Unit 1101
SPRING SEMESTER SCHEDULE - Begins Mon, 1/19!
Early morning spin has moved to Thu! (6:50 am - 7:50 am)
View schedule here
INTRO TO STRENGTH TRAINING CLASSES - Classes begin January 26.
Intro and Advanced levels offered
3 sections/times to choose from.
Information and Registration flyer here
Hawley Registration form (including regular membership options) - Any payroll deduction payments, please complete Hawley Registration form.
STARING TUE, JAN 20 - Expanded Hawley hours!
- MID-DAY HOURS ARE NOW 11:30 AM - 2:30 PM, Mon through Fri
- AFTERNOON HOURS ARE NOW 4:00 PM - 7:30 PM, Mon through Thu
- Friday afternoon hours remain 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Pick-up/Open Court Basketball! New day & time: Mondays, 1:30 - 2:30 PM.
Wanna join?! Please contact me!
It's time to Register for Year 5 - click here!!
Click on the "Just Move" sneakers/box on the website above.
Join UCONN's campaign to get moving, get healthy and win prizes!! Just register, log your physical activity hours, and submit the log monthly for chances to win prizes.
Click here for more information
click here for the latest newsletter w/ live links.
Check it out:
- Summer reading list for health & wellness interest
- Smart food shopping & storage tips
- Great salad make-over recipes, including Peach & Heirloom Tomato Salad!
Please contact Janet with any program questions!
BMI provides a reliable indicator of body fatness for most people and is used to screen for weight categories that may lead to health problems.