News and Events
Fitness Center hours of operation:
Monday - Friday
7:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Fitness Center & Men's Locker Room renovation work notice:
- Fitness Center renovation work (ceiling re-covering) will be done soon
- Men's Locker Room - back area bathroom renovation still in progress
New Registration Form
Featuring Hawley Payment Store option for card payment registration fees:
Spring Semester Group Exercise Class schedule - here!
Free Tabata Express Class: Wed, Jan 25, 12-12:50 PM (offered in place of Functional Strength) - give it a try!
NEW CLASS: ZUMBA Strong - Fri's. 12:00 - 12:50 PM
- Great class that combines the proven high-intensity interval training with Zumba rhythms! Less dance, more conditioning - All fitness levels welcome!
Specialty programs this spring:
Group Strength Classes w/ Nick Silbart, Certified Personal Trainer - Classes begin Tue, Jan 24!
Get leaner & stronger! All fitness levels welcome. Learn a variety of strength exercises, core training, plus comprehensive fitness planning tips!
- Classes meet Tue & Thu
- 12-1 PM or 5-6 PM
- Full use of the fitness center throughout the program
Program flyer - For more information and to register, contact Janet.
Tabata Bootcamp TM - Begins Mon, Jan 30!
Julie Lynch, Certified Tabata Bootcamp TM Instructor, is teaching this popular fitness trend of High Intensity Interval Training. This method of exercise helps burn more calories during - and after - the workout. Program includes:
- Two instructor-led classes each week
- Muscle strength, endurance, flexibility AND cardio fitness benefits
- 24/7 website access, including workouts, connecting with other bootcampers, and progress tracking
- Access to Hawley fitness center during the program
- Please contact Julie with questions about the classes and Janet to register.
Pickleball at Hawley! Tue's, 5:00 PM - 6:45 PM - will re-start January 24
Come join the fastest growing sport in the U.S.! Beginners welcome!
- Tue's - Fall semester
- 5:00 - 6:45 PM
- Hawley Gymnasium
- $5 drop-in or only $25
Please contact Mike O'Neill or Janet Rochester for more info.
Pick-up/Open Court Basketball - Tue's 1:00 - 3:00 PM
Wanna join?! Please contact Janet!
Nutrition Presentation Series - Fall 2016 program
Fad Diets I here
Fad Diets II here
Nutrition/Health Bars here
Functional Foods & Food Trends here
Breaking the Cycle of Negative Food Habits voice-over presentation here
Making Sense of the Dairy Aisle here
Holiday Party Strategies to Eat Less and Choose Drinks Wisely here
Hawley Registration form (including regular membership options) - Any payroll deduction payments, please complete Hawley Registration form.
Current issue of UCONN Buzz
BMI provides a reliable indicator of body fatness for most people and is used to screen for weight categories that may lead to health problems.