News and Events
New Fall schedule is here! Classes begin 9/2
View schedule here
- The popular Sole Synthesis continues on Mon's at lunchtime, 12-12:50 pm
- Zumba is back! Tue's at lunchtime. Julie and Sheila will alternate weeks. Sheila's classes will include Zumba Toning!
- New! Becky Acabchuk will now teach Yoga at lunchtime, Thu's, 12-1 pm. Becky's yoga class links movement with breath, and focuses on core. Suitable for all!
- After-work Yin Yoga continues on Wed's, 5:10 - 6:10 pm, with Laina - a great stress reliever!
- Spin classes are back! Kathy's early class continues (Tue's, 7-7:50 AM), and now lunchtime classes include Tue's w/ Elizabeth & Fri's w/ Kimeta - both classes meet 12:10 - 12:50 PM
Any Class is Free the first time - give one a try!
INTRO TO STRENGTH TRAINING CLASSES ARE HERE FOR FALL, 2014!
See Flyer here - Classes begin the week of 9/15
Dave Looney, M.S., CSCS leads these popular, results-driven classes! Dave is a Ph.D. student in the Dept. of Kinesiology
Pick-up/Open Court time! New Day & Time: Thursdays, 1:00 - 2:00 PM. We're considering adding another day - watch for updates!
Wanna join?! Please contact me!
It's time to Register for Year 4 - click here!!
Click on the "Just Move" sneakers/box on the website above.
Join UCONN's campaign to get moving, get healthy and win prizes!! Just register, log your physical activity hours, and submit the log monthly for chances to win prizes.
Click here for more information
click here for the latest Aug newsletter w/ live links.
Check it out:
- Summer reading list for health & wellness interest
- Smart food shopping & storage tips
- Great salad make-over recipes, including Peach & Heirloom Tomato Salad!
Please contact Janet with any program questions!
BMI provides a reliable indicator of body fatness for most people and is used to screen for weight categories that may lead to health problems.