News and Events
Extended Hours begin Mon, 10/10/16!
7:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Nutrition Presentation Series this fall - Flyer here
- Great topics - beginning Mon, 10/24 - Dec, 12/5
- Hawley Classroom, Room 102
- 12:15 PM - 1:00 PM
First two topics:
- Mon, 10/24: Fad Diets I (Atkins, South Beach, Raw Food, DASH)
- Mon, 10/31: Fad Diets II (Paleo, Whole 30, HMR, Weight Watchers)
- Coming up: All About Bars, Trendy Foods/Functional Foods, Breaking the Negative Food Cycle Habit, and more!
RSVP is appreciated - Please contact Janet
Current Fall Semester Group Exercise Class schedule - here!
NEW CLASS: ZUMBA Strong - Fri's. 12:00 - 12:50 PM
- Great class that combines the proven high-intensity interval training with Zumba rhythms! Less dance, more conditioning - All fitness levels welcome!
Mon: 12-12:30 PM Cardio Xpress in the gym, immediately followed by 12:30 -12:45 PM Hard Core in the Mat Room
Wed: New start time for Functional Strength: 11:30 AM - 12:15, gym
Pickleball at Hawley! - New day: Tue's, 5:00 PM - 6:45 PM
Come join the fastest growing sport in the U.S.! Beginners welcome!
- Tue's - Fall semester
- 5:00 - 6:45 PM
- Hawley Gymnasium
- $5 drop-in or only $25
Please contact Mike O'Neill or Janet Rochester for more info.
Specialty programs this fall:
Tabata Bootcamp TM - Sep 26 - Nov 16
Julie Lynch, Certified Tabata Bootcamp TM Instructor, is teaching this new fitness trend of High Intensity Interval Training. This method of exercise helps burn more calories during - and after - the workout. Program includes:
- Two instructor-led classes each week
- Muscle strength, endurance, flexibility AND cardio fitness benefits
- 24/7 website access, including workouts, connecting with other bootcampers, and progress tracking
- Access to Hawley fitness center during the program
Group Strength Classes w/ Nick Silbart, Certified Personal Trainer - Sep 20 - Dec 15
Get leaner & stronger! Progressive workouts with emphasis on proper form and technique
- Classes meet Tue & Thu
- 12-1 PM or 5-6 PM
- Full use of the fitness center throughout the program
Program flyer - For more information and to register, contact Janet.
Pick-up/Open Court Basketball - Tue's 1:00 - 3:00 PM
Wanna join?! Please contact Janet!
Hawley Registration form (including regular membership options) - Any payroll deduction payments, please complete Hawley Registration form.
Current issue of UCONN Buzz
BMI provides a reliable indicator of body fatness for most people and is used to screen for weight categories that may lead to health problems.