News and Events
Fitness Center Extended Hours, as of 10/10/16
7:00 AM - 9:00 PM
New Registration Form
Beginning Mon, 12/5, Hawley Payment Store option for Registering:
Nutrition Presentation Series this fall - Flyer here
- Great topics - beginning Mon, 10/24 - Mon, 12/5
- Hawley Classroom, Room 102
- 12:15 PM - 1:00 PM
Our last topic:
- Mon, 12/5: Holiday Party Strategies to Eat Less & Choose Drinks Wisely
RSVP is appreciated - Please contact Janet
Fad Diets I (10/24/16) voice-over presentation here
Fad Diets II (10/31/16) voice-over presentation here
Nutrition/Health Bars voice-over presentation here
Functional Foods & Food Trends here
Breaking the Cycle of Negative Food Habits voice-over presentation here
Making Sense of the Dairy Aisle here
Current Fall Semester Group Exercise Class schedule - here!
NEW CLASS: ZUMBA Strong - Fri's. 12:00 - 12:50 PM
- Great class that combines the proven high-intensity interval training with Zumba rhythms! Less dance, more conditioning - All fitness levels welcome!
Pickleball at Hawley! - New day: Tue's, 5:00 PM - 6:45 PM
Come join the fastest growing sport in the U.S.! Beginners welcome!
- Tue's - Fall semester
- 5:00 - 6:45 PM
- Hawley Gymnasium
- $5 drop-in or only $25
Please contact Mike O'Neill or Janet Rochester for more info.
Specialty programs this fall:
Tabata Bootcamp TM - Watch for the next Tabata program - Spring semester!
Julie Lynch, Certified Tabata Bootcamp TM Instructor, is teaching this new fitness trend of High Intensity Interval Training. This method of exercise helps burn more calories during - and after - the workout. Program includes:
- Two instructor-led classes each week
- Muscle strength, endurance, flexibility AND cardio fitness benefits
- 24/7 website access, including workouts, connecting with other bootcampers, and progress tracking
- Access to Hawley fitness center during the program
- Please contact Julie with questions about the classes and Janet to register.
Group Strength Classes w/ Nick Silbart, Certified Personal Trainer - Sep 20 - Dec 15
Get leaner & stronger! Progressive workouts with emphasis on proper form and technique
- Classes meet Tue & Thu
- 12-1 PM or 5-6 PM
- Full use of the fitness center throughout the program
Program flyer - For more information and to register, contact Janet.
Pick-up/Open Court Basketball - Tue's 1:00 - 3:00 PM
Wanna join?! Please contact Janet!
Hawley Registration form (including regular membership options) - Any payroll deduction payments, please complete Hawley Registration form.
Current issue of UCONN Buzz
BMI provides a reliable indicator of body fatness for most people and is used to screen for weight categories that may lead to health problems.