On-Farm Processing Tools and Resources
Canning Guides and References
- National Center for Home Preservation
- Penn State University Resources for Safe Food Preservation
- Fresh Preserving (Ball/Kerr)
- USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) Complete Guide to Home Canning, 2009.
- Contains information about canning fruits, vegetables, meats, fish, poultry and combination foods
- Putting Food By, 5th edition, by Janet Greene, Ruth Hertzberg, and Beatrice Vaughan; edited by Stephen Schmidt, published by Plume, May 25, 2010.
- Contains information about canning, freezing, dehydration, pickling, fermentation, and cold storage
- So Easy to Preserve, University of Georgia, (mail order form found here).
- Contains information about canning, freezing, pickling, and dehydration
- Ball Blue Book Guide to Preserving, Alltrista Consumer Products, June 2004.
- Contains information about canning, freezing, pickling and dehydration
- Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving, by Judi Kingry and Lauren Devine, published by Robert Rose, 2006.
- Contains information about canning and pickling
Sanitation and safe food processing practices
- pH Testing (Food) Laboratories in Connecticut (source: ct.gov/dcp):
Alliant Food Safety Labs
1055 Farmington Ave
Northeast Laboratories Inc
129 Mill Street
Berlin, CT 06037